Help Massive roof job coming up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now this is definitely DIYNOT (!)

I haven't the head for heights or enough hours in the my days for this job.

I live in a listed timber frame building originally built in the 16th century. During the Victorian period dorma windows were installed and to enable the attic rooms to be better accessed as bedrooms the purlins where cut through. Small purlins were added near the apex of the roof in an attempt to maintain integrity. Unfortunately this did not work! Steadily over the years the ridge has sagged and the dormas have gone a bit skewed.

The rest of the roof (there's lots of it) whilst not actually leaking (as far as I can make out) is on its last legs and is probably long overdue renovation.

If I could work out how to post a picture it would make life a lot simpler but I will attempt to describe the surfaces.

(Clay peg tiles)

The main roof is about 30 metres long with a roof pitch of about 4 metres each side of the clay ridge.
The main extension which adjoins and runs parallel to this (with gully) is about 10 m long again has a 4 m pitch either side. Then there is a 6 metre long 4 m pitched roof at right angles to this not to mention a small pitched porch roof. Finally at one end we also have a additional single pitched roof running from the main roof for about 6 metres

All in all approx 380m sq of roof area all pitched all tiled with clay tiles.

What I'm after (if at all possible) is a ball park cost on the restoration of the roof tiles and roof structure

Am I looking at £20k :D or closer to £100k :( or more! :cry: ?

I will attempt to find a way of posting a photo, if I haven't given enough info or am just being plain stupid in asking then.... please be gentle!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Welski said:
Am I looking at £20k :D or closer to £100k :( or more! :cry: ?
I will attempt to find a way of posting a photo, if I haven't given enough info or am just being plain stupid in asking then.... please be gentle!
See this for posting.
For quotes, see Item 9 , is it Breezer's day off today ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back