help me get my loft passed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i`ve just had the building inspector round to see where i`m upto... :cry:
2 major problems now
the main one is the height of the MOE windows and distance from the bottom of window to end of the eaves.the window is to high from the floor and too far from the eaves end. He advised me to install another window lower in each room to avoid extra mess,these would be positioned under the eaves,he said it could be no lower than 2` from the loft floor for safety reasons but is there a minimum distance they can be from eaves end?
The 2ND problem was the 2m head room on stairs..do i measure from the bottom step up 2 metres and then from further up and score a line to know what clearance it needs be?
could offer pics of loft if any1 could help me thanks
mark

Sponsored Links
My mates just finished a loft and had a similar problem ie window, he put the window about 10" of the floor and it caused a problem but was solved with a baby gate :eek:

well 10 inches is a bit low aint it,
come on people HHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP please.

magico said:
i`ve just had the building inspector round to see where i`m upto... :cry:
2 major problems now
the main one is the height of the MOE windows and distance from the bottom of window to end of the eaves.the window is to high from the floor and too far from the eaves end. He advised me to install another window lower in each room to avoid extra mess,these would be positioned under the eaves,he said it could be no lower than 2` from the loft floor for safety reasons but is there a minimum distance they can be from eaves end?
The 2ND problem was the 2m head room on stairs..do i measure from the bottom step up 2 metres and then from further up and score a line to know what clearance it needs be?
could offer pics of loft if any1 could help me thanks
mark

The escape window should be no more than 1.7 m from the bottom of the first row of tile/slates, and the bottom of the window from the new floor should at least 0.6m no less.

The head room has got to be 1.9m or more all way up the stairs, i take it that the ceiling is the same angle as the stairs all the way up.
the more head room the better.

hope that helps a bit. ;)

Sponsored Links
magico said:
well 10 inches is a bit low aint it,
come on people HHHHHEEEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP please.

It had to be this low as Markie said "The escape window should be no more than 1.7 m from the bottom of the first row of tile/slates," It was a solution to a problem ;)

sorted the stairs problem i think
whats the lowest a roof window can be to gutter?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back