Help me settle a domestic dispute on kitchen fitting - two ovens!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Putting together some Ikea flatpack this weekend for our kitchen. We are having two ovens, one above the other, in a tower unit.

The Ikea cupboards come with fittings for one oven only. However, the store say that it's fine to use two in the tower.

I note that the backboard has a 60cm cutout, presumably to allow heat from the oven to escape. It seems logical to me that I need to create a second cutout for the second oven, but my husband is skeptical about this!

Who is right?

Sponsored Links
Doesn't matter who's right, putting in a second cutout is a sensible precaution.

Don’t question your husband. He is the master in your house and he is always right.

Sponsored Links
Madam you are right and your husband is wrong.

You are obviously more practical than your chap.

Hahaha! Love the divide of opinions on this thread. Seems like people are judging on something else other than the facts. Who'dathunkit in a gender dispute?! :D

Husbands are blokes, blokes have a fixed attitude at time, and are short sighted and intransigent at others.

We're working in the capacity of advisers - except Motman, who's just shyte stiring.

This is just a normal Mars and Venus thread in disguise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back