Four electrical jobs in a kitchen - am I right?

Ok, but it is not really.

It could signify inexperience or a lack of understanding.

For example, if any of them install as one of the circuits a 32A, 4mm² OR 6mm² cable circuit for the hob then the two ovens could without question also be supplied from this circuit - and be future-proof.
If they are not keen on this then another TWO circuits for the ovens seems like overkill to me.

As you, yourself, wrote:
The maximum load of the old range was 16,485W while the three new appliances combined are 13,650W so, as I never had any issues before, I'm planning on sticking with the current 4mm circuit wiring and 32A fuse in the consumer unit.

Sponsored Links
I find it rather odd that all three are advocating exactly the same three circuit solution....Do you not find it strange?
Actually, I find it reassuring.
I can understand you finding it reassuring, but what some of us find strange (and far from reassuring) is that three different people are advocating the same approach which is somewhat uncommon/unusual, unnecessarily complicated (and costly) and electrically unnecessary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back