Help me with LED lights please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have been asked to install some LED lights going up a staircase (On the wall). They have asked for 4 x LED lights, around the size of a 10p coin.

I have seen these but never installed or bought them, does anybody know where I can buy them?

Also does the wall have to be boarded - like a downlighter would fit - or can they go into a brick/plaster wall?

Desperate for help here guys, cheers.

Sponsored Links
Search ebay for decking lights. They sell them in kits with a transformer. I expect you lead the cables under the stairs. How you then get these to a switch is another matter...

But would the decking lights not work on a spring like a downlighter?

The fittings will only be sitting on a brick wall.

The decking lights, AFAIK, screw in on their fascia.

Where exactly are these lights going? Actually in a brick wall? I thought you meant in the stringer or the tread "kickers".

I would advise your clients to think again, and I think lights in the wall would look ****. :confused:

Sponsored Links
4 seems like too few - wouldn't one per tread look better?

Is there a closed stringer on the wall side? What about a small pelmet fixed to that with a LED rope light tucked up inside, or even better a cold-cathode neon tube?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back