Led stair lights

Thanks for the diagram mate. Just read yr other comment. Do you mean extend the stringer? Do you think this would look better/easier than using the small leds that are around?
It's all personal taste.

I just thought I'd suggest an alternative.

Might not be practicable, even if you like it but....

Sponsored Links
Cold cathodes are amazing - very under-rated/under-used for what they are.

I used to use blue, green, red and even UV 12" ones in my computer case back when I was uber-leet. :)

I just wish I could afford some as pelmet lighting in my kitchen!

Colin C

EDIT: SPAG

I don't think those are the same as cold-cathode neon.

Put it this way - the latter just scrape under the limit for LV by 1V....

Hi there, i see you would like to install LED lights on the stair, well i have installed LED lights for a friend of mine, on the facia i built it out with 50mm x 25mm stapping and installed a new facia, with a top cap , the reason for that was to hide all the cabling, then i drilled a hole in the facia to suit the led, worked a treat, then you have to work out where you are going to get a power supply to feed them. I hope this is usefule information for you, all the best and good luck.

Stuartymyboy!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Cheers mate, yeh theres a few things on there, small leds will do the job me thinks!

Cheers ban all sheds, some nice ideas there. Stuartmyboy, do you have any pics of the finished job at all? I like the sound of that.

Hi there mate, i have not got any pictures at the moment, but i will get them for you and post them to you, instead of putting your led on the wall i put them on the stringer, will send them in due course. good luck

stuartymyboy

I don't think those are the same as cold-cathode neon.

Put it this way - the latter just scrape under the limit for LV by 1V....

Trust me, I'm sure they are at least a very similar technology - the inverter puts out around 750V HF AC IIRC.

I remember the first kit I bought. It had a bare tube and bare inverter board. I ended up touching the solder side of the PCB and bridging the output with my finger. Man that hurt. Left two dots on my fingertip and jerked my arm really painfully.

No problem. I can see where you're coming from, since they are two totally separate markets that seem to have developed independently.

I was going to post about the ridiculously high price of architectural CCFLs, but having checked a quote I got in February for a 2m tube with transformer etc that was £95+VAT, I realise now that they are actually quite affordable!

Cheers ban all sheds, some nice ideas there. Stuartmyboy, do you have any pics of the finished job at all? I like the sound of that.

Hi Chillout stuartymyboy here, do you have an email address , i have the pictures that you are looking for for the led lighting for your stair, and i can pass them on to you, my address is [email protected]. all the best.

stuartymyboy.

please take particular attention to the stringer, as all the wiring is inserted in the stringer, also the stringer has been installed in away that it is on hinges, for access to the cabling, the lights are controlled by a time clock. set the time and they will operate automatically, i have tried to think of all the best option, especially for the maintenance and access,

you know the moto. you fail to plan!!!!! you plan to fail!!!!!!

stuartymyboy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back