Led stair lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased some led stair lights which Im aiming to have installed in a plaster/brick wall. Is 62mm cut in circumference and depth a bit extreme. I know the small round leds are easier to fit, but can this amount of wall be cut out of for my sparki to undertake?

Sponsored Links
You have now.....

c_P1010916.jpg

Sponsored Links
Cutting 62mm recess is not a problem, but the depth might be, the back of the light might end up outside :mrgreen:

It'll be a nightmare channelling the brick and then replastering, thats presuming the bricks deep enough.
Is both sides brick? if one side is plasterboard/stud you may get away with putting them in there.
Failing that is on the actual step an option, could be a can of worms stripping down the stairs though :LOL:

No cant put them in the stairs as their the square type lights that have a small hole within to shine the light down. Its an outside brick wall with the garage on the other side. I could go for the simple option of buying a pack of 10 leds I guess. Alot cheaper as the ones Ive ordered are approx £26 each and I need approx 9 of them! Can anyone recommend and good led lights for stairs?

If the garage is through the wall drilling a hole right through (the size of the fitting) may be an option, the smaller LED decking lights will possibly be easier to fit and tbh may look better than a bulky fitting.
If you were going down this route I'd be tempted to cut a square out where you plan on having your lights, drill through, feed cable through, then drill/cut the appropriate sized hole for the LED to sit in, then refit and make good the square of plasterboard.
The reason for this being you will no doubt struggle to keep the hole neat and also the right size on the plaster when going through the brick.

Chhers, I see where yr comin from, small and discreet may be a bit better than big square items every other stair. Think the manufacturer charges the shop a delivery charge. Hope they will understand! I think a kit of leds is approx £80, so would save alot also. Warm white or cool white for the stairs or personal choice really?

Ah rite I get you now. I was going to have them installed in the brick side of the wall, so you could see them from the hallway, but the 'string' side is an option I guess, just wont see them as much.

Thanks for the diagram mate. Just read yr other comment. Do you mean extend the stringer? Do you think this would look better/easier than using the small leds that are around?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back