Help my fence post holes are too wide I've messed it up!

Yeah you can buy ready made in different sizes, but close boarded may be a better choice. I have one piece of fencing that is rails and boarded and to be fair it does stand up to wind much better. The advantage of concrete posts and drop in panels is that they are easy to replace when damaged.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions. I've got everything fixed up now almost. Unfortunately the local shed here homebase ran out of postcrete and Ill have to go to the builders merchant tomorrow to get more.

I'd love a boarded fence but I can't afford to replace it all I thought it would look really silly with 7 or 8 panels and then a section of board

Its the way ive done since I was taught that way on a fencing team for the Forestry Commission in the early 1960’s

I was mulling over what to do with ours (30 posts worth), the ease of replacement and drainage around the posts sold it for me.

Sponsored Links
Yes understand. Tbh wanted to go for concrete ones but if this will last me a year or 2 we may look into replacing the fence altogether so atm this is a patch up job.

The post crete is pretty hard now so I've made a ring around the post again with more rubble and I'll add another bag of post crete less water this time hopefully this will secure it.

I think I haven't come up far enough with 1 bag due to the size I'd the hole.
Those posts will last way more than 1 or 2 years, dont listen to half the doom and gloom merchants on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back