help my house went boom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
last nite my brother was in the shower and it leaked all over the wiring and exploded the impact moved the wall from its origanal space we then found out the wall was basically plaster boards and cardbored no wonder it leaked now i have to find a way to rebuild a wall the only thing i have is wood but how do i build a wall door and door frame help :?:

Sponsored Links
i would first be looking at getting an RCD on the shower electrics! (see the wiki, but basically its a safety device to stop you getting killed, fuses/mcbs are primerily to stop fire, and in a shower fault the fuse doesnt do much as it is so highly rated as the shower needs so much power, so without the RCD you have very little protection (relying on a good earth) hence the BOOM).

Sponsored Links
thanx guys well my brother is lucky yer 600v went through his body he only sufferd slight burns which heald in a week which the docters say is really really quick we now found out the house has no earh wirse so all the work is being done for us but thanks for all the help you gave me i will pass the advice on to the builders thank you all xxx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back