Help!! My shower is leaking through to the ceiling!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
This is my first post on the site so please bare with me :D . My problem is that my Hydramax power shower is continually dripping from the head when its in the cradle on the wall, it seems like the pipe from the head is storing water which is causing a pressure build up therefore creating the drips. The shower was brand new when installed and the house was a new build my other ensuite shower is exactly the same but no problems have occurred, Yet :!: :!: :!: :eek: .
I am not sure if my next problem is in connection with the above but we have noticed a leak coming through to the lounge ceiling below. We have removed the shower cubicle skirts and discovered a wet and damp area so this problem must have started a while ago by the looks of things. The drain part of the under pipes are fine and we can not see any obvious splits. Any help would be greatly received. Do I need a new shower? Do I need to pull the wall to bits to replace the piping....I Hope Not :cry: ? :?: Helpppppppppp

Sponsored Links
You at the wind up son a new shower a new house come on whatever happened to a guarantee,or have i taken the bait here its been a long week :oops: :oops: :oops:

All new build is covered by a 2 year 'covers all' warranty. Call your builder back.

Sponsored Links
temp solution leave the shower attachemnt above the plug hole when not in use. i.e not hanging on its bracket

Firstly, I suggest that you stop describing things that are five years old as being brand new. They aren't.

The shower that drips water has a worn and/or faulty valve, so you need to service or replace the cartridge. Contact that manufacturer for the parts and instructions.

The shower tray with water underneath it is either letting water past the tiles, or has a leak from the waste. Get someone to run the shower while you look under the skirts (ahem, the shower skirts), and observe where the water appears.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back