Help my washing machine pipe is leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i am new to this site and was wondering if anyone can help me. Myself and my partner have just moved and tried to connect my washer dryer machine to the cold water tap but as soon as i turn it on water spurts out or the connector. i have checked the black seal is in tact on the end of the pipe and made sure its screwed tight to the cold water tap, but everytime i turn it on it leaks. Can anyone help with how to connect a washer dryer or what I could potentially doing wrong

Sponsored Links
Try a new washer or even two. Is water leaking past washer or is th screw fitting cracked or misshapen. Try a new hose. They only cost a couple of quid.

Cross threaded perhaps with damage to the plastic ends. You should be able to seal the pipe with firm hand pressure , try not to use any grips or you may destroy the threads.

Sponsored Links
thanks for the advice I will look into this tonight and get back tomorrow with a response unless I have drowned through my stupidity.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back