Whirpool awg331 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my washer dryer has just stopper filling up, checked the pipes and no hot water is getting to it (nothing comming from the tap that connects it). This is going to sound daft but would this stop the machine filling up completely, it comes from the pipe that goes to the kitchen sink and the main hot water tap works ok. Would the machine fill if just the cold water tap was connected.

Sponsored Links
If the coil on the inlet valve has gone open circuit then yes it could stop the machine filling completely. Meter the coil or replace the valve.

when i said stops it filling completely i mean no water comes in at all, sorry badly worded, any ideas why there would be no water comming through the hot water connector. If i get this working should the machine start working again or will i need to get it repaired too. The hot water gets to the sinks tap no problem and the washing machine connector just comes ff the pipe to this, so would there be a problem with the tap (when it is turned on completely it drips a bit). Sorry im a complete novice when it comes to this, not afraid to have a go at doing myself if anyone can give me an idea what i should do, have had a look through the guides but cant see to find a guide. Not sure whether i should have posted in the plumbing section and dont want to double post.

Sponsored Links
Hot water inlet valve (inside machine) coil goes open circuit - no hot water taken into machine and circuit broken, in turn affecting other parts of the machine.
I suspect that the fault may well lie with the hot water valve. As you are unsure on testing the only advice I can give you is to either replace the valve with a new one or get on the phone to a local repairer. :D
Sorry, as you're in strange territory with this machine my answers may not make a lot of sense to you.
However, if you're willing to risk around £10 on an inlet valve you may actually fix your machine. It may not but that's the risk you have to take on obtaining remote diagnosis of faults. :D

Cheers sleepyhead didnt mean to sound funny on the last post if it came across that way, there is no water comming from the pipe with the tap on that you connect the red pipe to, when i turn it on full it only drips a bit so there is no water getting to the machine its self. But to be honest im not sure if there ever has been. So not sure if theres a fault with the tap as the water gets to the kitchen sink tap fine.

OK. Got you now. You've got a duff valve on the supply end.
Get a y piece from B&Q or the like. Fit that to the cold supply, put both hoses onto the cold supply.
However, that's not the real problem. If you set the machine to a cold wash or rinse it should still fill up.
When you shut the door, select a program and start the machine does the door lock? Does the pump run? and does the drum turn?

The door locks and there is a noise from the back that you usually get just before the water start comming in. The drum doesnt spin, the dryer was working but has since stopped. Got a new tap today and am going to try and unblock the old one with a rod tomorrow if not cut it off and replace with this new tap. (i just need to turn off the supply to the hot water tank in the loft and drain it via the kitchen tap?) Was hoping that when this was sorted it the machine would work but do you think there is a problem with it as the cold doesnt fill at the moment?

I think you may find that that doesn't cure the problem.
If set to a spin cycle does the drum rotate? If not, check the carbons in the motor. If it does, meter the heater element.

Cheers am having a go at the tap tomorrow and if that doesnt sort it i dont think im confident takin the washin machine to pieces. Thanks very much for all your advice sleepyhead though.

Got the new tap on but still no water comming in the machine think im goin to call someone out, how much do yas think it will cost me?

please note forum rule 9

you should change the whole thing (water inlet vavle) not just its tap, and if you did change the whole valve how did you turn the water off and did you turn it back on?

it is
p2371959_l.jpg
this you changed?

If, as I suspect, the carbons are worn in your motor then it won't take in water. Do you get water through the hose into a bucket when you open the valve?

Yeah put one of those on, i turned the water of at the stop valve imersion heater (sorry for the spelling) turned the taps on till the water stopped, sawed a the pipe off where the old tap was, it was one where the is just a hole in the pipe and then clamped on. Then fitted one of those identical to the picture, then tried it into a bucket and the its fine, but still no joy with the machine. The door locks and there is a click but thats it no water going in and no movement.

Sorry bout the rule 9 thing never been good at readin instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back