Help!! Need Help with BT Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello :D

Im needing some help with a telephone wiring problem im having. I'll start at the beginning...........

Moved in this house 4 yrs ago but got NTL so the BT cable (which was lying loose under all the carpets) was ripped out and the cable was cut where it comes in through the wall (seemed a great idea at the time)

Now have Sky and BT is the only option for Broadband so have bought a NTE5 from B&Q but after endless tries with the colour combinations I am getting nowhere

The wire coming into the house is grey with Blue, Green, Orange and Brown wires inside. Have tried the Blue 2, Green 3, Orange 5, Brown 4 (and also tried the Brown not connected) but am getting nowhere. Needing this done ASAP cause my cable Broadband is ending next week so am gonna be left without a net connection :(

Thanks

Jojo

Sponsored Links
Connect one wire to A and one wire to B (the big screw termainals on the back of the NTE5) don't connect anything to the other terminals.

As for which pair of wires to use I suspect you will have to just try all possible combinations of two wires.

Connect one wire to A and one wire to B (the big screw termainals on the back of the NTE5) don't connect anything to the other terminals.

As for which pair of wires to use I suspect you will have to just try all possible combinations of two wires.
Then get BT to re-connect the line that has been dissed. for 4 years!

Hi thats great thanks, will give it a try and let you know how i get on :)

Sponsored Links
If you don't get dialtone with any pairs it probablly means the line has been physically disconnected (rather than just put into a disabled state where you can call BT using a special number and reactivate it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back