help need to level a very uneven concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all first post here so hope someone can help i'm currently in the process of laying laminate floor in my front room, it used to be 2 rooms when the house was built then knocked into one, my problem is the one side of the room is perfectly flat, the back half is unlevel both on the width of the house and the length of the room(these are concrete sub floors), as much i would like to use a screed to level this, the floor that needs levelling has the stairs and door to the kitchen etc so it means i can only access the back end of the house( and keeping the dog off the screed would be a problem) is there another way i can get a decent enough level for laminate (i.e 18mm ply) but not with the drying time for screed or usinf minimum screed? cheers all kev

Sponsored Links
what depth of compound would you need to use to get the floor flat? There are quick dry compounds that you can walk on within 2-4 hours.

very roughly it starts at around a 3mm at one side to about a 35mm on the other width wise and prob looking at the same maybe slightly more along the length of the room i know at the bottom of the stairs there is quite a noticable dip in the concrete i may need to screed this before i attempt the rest really i'm looking for a self levelling screed as i've never done a floor before

Sponsored Links
Although I've not used them (yet - planning that job for later in the year), I've found the technical people at Ardex (http://www.ardex.co.uk/) very good (and pragmatic!). They have some very smart, very quick-drying products, walkable after 30minutes - 2 hours.

Their website seems good - although choosing between the products can be tricky, as so much range is available - but their technical guys on the phone are very helpful (and, in my experience, happy to recommend ways to save money, not just trying to sell you as much of their product as possible).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back