Help neede with RWB200 LANDIS PROGRAMMER

I

ianblue

I have a Landis RWB200 programmer.
The problem is I want to run Heating only but when I select Heating the Hot Water also runs.
Is it possible to configure this controller to run Just Heating?
The dhw cylinder is indirect and uses a cylinder 'stat.

Sponsored Links
It is possible but, do you have motorised valves on your system?
It is a 2 channel programmer so it is possible but depends on your system configuration.

Yes, we have a mid-position valve which can give heating only, hot water only or both together.
But the problem is how the programmer works.
If you choose to extend the Heating, the programmer also extends Hot Water.
Hot water can run on its own but Heating cannot.
In other words it is configured for gravity Hot Water.
Other more modern programmers have a switch or link at the back to select either "fully pumped" or "gravity" systems.
There is a switch on the back which can be put to either 10 or 16 and I hoped this would achieve separation but it didn't seem to make any difference.
Any ideas?

Silly me. I have found out how to configure it.
It was that switch on the back. When I switched it over I must not have switched it right over. Now that I have tried it again with a small screwdriver it works perfectly.
Switch to position 16 - Heating can run on its own. Fully pumped systems.
Switch to 10 - Hot water always comes in when Heating is selected. Gravity systems.

Sponsored Links
How a mid-position valve works has detailed diagnostic info.

You need to concentrate on the valve grey wire. This is fed from two places: Programmer HW OFF and HW stat SAT terminal.

You should get 240V on grey (a) when programmer is set to HW OFF and (b)when programmer is set to HW ON but HW stat set to MIN.

Edit:

OK, So you solved it while I was writing the above!

How a mid-position valve works has detailed diagnostic info.

You need to concentrate on the valve grey wire. This is fed from two places: Programmer HW OFF and HW stat SAT terminal.

You should get 240V on grey (a) when programmer is set to HW OFF and (b)when programmer is set to HW ON but HW stat set to MIN.

I think he's sorted it Dave
his programmer was set up for gravity H/w instead of fully pumped

THere is no problem with the mid position valve. It is working perfectly.
The problem was with the programmer which was not separating Heating from Hot water.
I have solved the problem now and the system is working perfectly.
Thanks for your suggestions.

I know! When I wrote he appeared to have checked that but, as it turned out, not properly!

I know! When I wrote he appeared to have checked that but, as it turned out, not properly!

Ah, gotcha,
images

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back