HELP needed hanging onto plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
I am trying to hang a wine rack onto plasterboard. Have drilled through the plasterboard and now the drill is hitting something and I cannot be sure what it is. I have used a electric detector nothing shows. Its not hitting wood and seems it could be plastic?? I have tried drilling into another wall and the same thing has happened.... does anyone know what i may be hitting/and would it be safe to drill into?
Thanks for any help!!

Sponsored Links
how old is your house? and are you drilling into an internal wall or external wall? if its an older house you could be hitting the lathes which the plaster hangs onto. They can sometimes feel bouncy which you hit them ( you said plastic ) if thats the case use a wood drill bit to go through them and get a good fixing on them. Im guessing you wine rack is for the kitchen???.....and at a suitable height from the floor? make sure its not a plastic water pipe or the soil stack. Hope this helps. Dude.

Make sure you are not above or adjacent to any electrical outlets, it could be plastic capping or trunking over the wires.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Is your plasterboard "Perlboard" a type of insulation? a plasterboard, insulation, metal cover, plastic barrier ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back