Help Needed with Dribbling Shower!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just moved into a house and there's a problem with the shower.
It's a 'rainfall' type shower head and the shower appears to be fed from the instantaneous boiler.
When the shower is switched on at the tap, the water literally dribbles out, but is warm.
After a couple of minutes, the flow increases but the water goes cold.
So, warm water, hardly any water flow but on cold setting there's reasonable water flow.
Basically the shower is unusable.
I've attached some photos of the shower, parts of which appear to be located behind a tiled wall!
Does anyone know what shower system this is and any ideas what could be wrong with it?
There's three of us in the house and we're all classed as 'essential workers' during this virus outbreak, so a shower is essential and we can't get a plumber at the moment!
Grateful of any advice.
shower-1.jpg
shower-2.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's a concealed thermostatic shower BTW. If it's rented then the landlord has a duty to have it fixed, if it's the only practical means of body washing, especially just now.

Not that it will be easy for them to get a plumber, never mind parts, if it needs any and they are available. I will only enter a property at the moment, for urgent repairs, as long as the customer and any family is out for their daily exercise.

Sponsored Links
It's a concealed thermostatic shower BTW. If it's rented then the landlord has a duty to have it fixed, if it's the only practical means of body washing, especially just now.

Not that it will be easy for them to get a plumber, never mind parts, if it needs any and they are available. I will only enter a property at the moment, for urgent repairs, as long as the customer and any family is out for their daily exercise.
Thanks, in fairness the landlord got a plumber there the same day but, similar to you, he said it would likely be a big job and he would probably have difficulty getting parts at the moment. We do have a bath as well, but it's a major pain not having the shower. I was hoping there may be a quick fix to at least be able to use it.

Thanks, the water flows through fine on cold setting, just not hot.

Ok, no worries, but you said reasonable flow on cold, so was going with that. Might be filters or cartridge then. Is hot water ok everywhere else?

Ok, no worries, but you said reasonable flow on cold, so was going with that. Might be filters or cartridge then. Is hot water ok everywhere else?
Yes, not sure how much flow it should have really, but if the hot was flowing the same rate as the cold, then it would be usable. I think I'll try cleaning the head anyway to see if it makes a difference.
Hot water is OK everywhere else.
Would the filters or cartridge be situated behind the tiles?
Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back