No hot water flow in shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm in the process of installing a new bathroom and am having trouble with the shower. I am getting a good flow of hot water from the bath tap. The water feed to the shower is elbowed from below the bath taps up to the shower valve. Before installing the shower I ran seperately the hot and cold water direct out of the pipes in the wall before installing the valve on to check for any leaks and the water flow was still good when isolating both the hot and cold pipes. However, after installing the shower I noticed the water was not getting hot and the boiler (combi) was not kicking in. I isolated the cold water so that I was only running hot water from the shower and it literally dribbles out (without getting warm). Completely stumped as to why this is happening...any ideas and/or help please???

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that (assuming the connections are the correct way round) that either the shower filters are blocked or the cartridge itself is faulty?
John :)

Thanks John. The connections are definately the right way round. This is a brand new shower unit so I wouldn't expect anything to be blocked. I will try and dismantle tonight and give it another go. Very frustrating!

Can you post a pic of the shower, you might not have calibrated it properly, Maybe? check in the manual or phone the manufacture.

Sponsored Links
top image: the two back pipes (22mm) feed the bath taps, there is then an elbow on each to 15mm pipes to feed the shower. The hot water pipe gets warm immediately when running the shower (until it disappears into the wall)...but no/v.minor flow when running the hot water only.

if you did have the isolation valve open when you tested it (as mentioned above) the thermostatic valve on the mixer tap could be shot.

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I have now phoned the supplier as it seems that the thermostat is not working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back