Help needed with ex ADT alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help with this.

I cancelled my ADT contract last year as thought I didn't need the monitoring and maintenance aspect of it.

I still use the alarm even though it's not monitored as my mother finds it very reassuring when in home on her own.

Couldn't set alarm yesterday as on screen message came up saying that the battery was low on the lounge PIR zone. Wouldn't know how to go about changing the battery in the PIR as its fixed to the wall and when I tried to remove it the alarm panel started bleeping furiously with tamper coming up on the display.

Can anyone help, the Keypad says keyprox on it and I believe the alarm is made by Honeywell.

Sponsored Links
Pop a screwdriver in the slot below sensor, replace Battery for a CR123A type (lithium only) press reset button & refit lid & reset alarm. However if system is set up for engineer reset you will need someone to crash panel enginner code or call ADT...

As I don't have a contract with ADT anymore they wanted to charge me £225 to send someone out. Could any qualified security engineer do it or do I have to junk the system and get a new one?

Anyone with knowledge of Honeywell Galaxy systems will be able to default the panel and reset the Enginner reset parameters. Have you tried changing the battery yet? There is a small slot below the PIR if you insert a screwdriver the lid should pop off exposing the battery. Replace & press the small reset button inside detector. The problem after may be the resetting. If system has been programmed for user reset you will be able to reset by your code. If its Emgineer reset (most likely) then usually ADT have to reset it via a special reset code algorithm. A third party could reset the software to enable you to reset via code in future.

Sponsored Links
It's likely that the user code you have will not reset the tamper. I'll PM you to take you through this.

Thank you both for your help.

GalaxyGuy I'll have a go at this tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back