ADT alarm reuse or replace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a now expired contract ADT alarm in my 1 bed flat. ADT don't want the alarm back, and they won't provide the engineers or installers code.

I'd like to mainatain it myself (I have installed and maintained a screwfix Tate alarm for some years).

Can anyone identify the keypad and alarm?

The alarm PCB is in a metal box with Thorn security siteguard marked on it. There is no schematic or other identification.

The system is simple; 1 door contact, 1 PIR covering the lounge, 1 PIR covering the bedroom and an external bel box. No PIR covering the hall, bathroom or kitchen.

Can I reset the panel to gain full control? or if I have to replace what components can I reuse?

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
It's a Galaxy 16+ You can reset it and get it to work, but I would suggest replacing the control panel and battery. A G2-12 will be compatible with everything else you have. The 16+/8+ have a different menu structure from all the other Galaxy panels and it's horrible.

You can pick up a G2-12 on Ebay for about £40 brand new delivered and you'll get a new 7Ah 12V battery for around £15.

Programming the Galaxy 2 series is fairly straightforward and if you get stuck, I'll help you out no problem.

I presume you are second floor flat? Do you see a need to add protection to the other rooms while you are revitalising the system?

Apologies for not responding for a time - work got in the way.

The alarm replacement/upgrade is still on the list.

Thanks for the great advice - thats really appreciated.

In answer it is a ground flat and I'm thinking of adding some sensors to the limited ones available.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why bother changing panel on a one bedroom flat nothing wrong with the 16+ if its working leave it alone......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back