help needed with planning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
at the moment iam building 7 new holiday lets and ive finished one,
the job will last some 2 yrs and i would like some revenue as i carry on building, and was wondering is there any application i can put into the planning department to rent out the finished holiday full time until i open the site in two yrs time,which then i will rent them as holiday lets and if so is this favourable with the councils as surely they would welcome council tax payments rather then have them empty,
atb mark
edited to say,
there is no conditions on the planning but holiday use only,

Sponsored Links
From a planning standpoint, i would imagine 'holiday use' is clearly defined.

My own experience tells me that there is also a 'closed' period during the off season.

no closed period 12 months a year 24 hrs a day, only condition i have to keep a registre of guests,

If you rent it out to Joe Public as a home then you'll be in breach of planning so you would have to apply for a change of use from holiday home to residential.

Sponsored Links
dont want to get change of use,
but just want to rent it out while building works is on going,
atb mark

Yes appreciate that but you'll be in breach of planning. As far as I know the only way you can legally do it is to apply for a Full Planning Application for the temporary use as residential for X amount of time.

Yes there would be a fee incurred, you'll have to discuss that with planning as you would not be applying on behalf of all the units, not sure how that would work. The time is the time you ask for, if you want say 2 years you would state 2 years on the application form. This is not a type of application I've ever actually done so can't speak from experience or accurately surmise what the chances of success would be. Slim I would guess.

thankyou for your reply
i will seek out and try to find information,but if they agreed to the temporary use least they would get council tax for 2 yrs its better then nothing surely,lol
but most people cant think like a planner,lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back