Help needed with Tribune HE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_1404.JPG
IMG_1406.JPG
Hi everybody, I live in an apartment that I've had since new in 2008, I've got a Tribune HE water heater that's got a leak. The water is coming from inside the outer casing, the insulation between the tank and the outer casing is soaked and dripping down the side. The tank itself is warm and the water is hot that is leaking. I've had to put a cloth in side the casing to soak it up and put the other end in the over flow pipe to get the water out. I'm on a budget and trying to sell my apartment so could do with it being done. Ive looked at different pages and says to replace the release valves and things like that but would that be useful for me to try or am I wasting my time and just need to get the tank replaced?
Thanks for taking the time to read this, Alex

Sponsored Links
You need the correct certification to work on these cylinders. Looks like you need a new one.

Not a massively expensive job in the grand scheme of a property sale. Half a day's work assuming that all is correct with the current installation.

The unit will most probably need replacing the unit will need to be drained and locate where the leak is.
These units are guaranteed for 25 years if you contact the manufacturers they will inspect it and replace it free off charge.
They will need a copy of the service record and bench mark paperwork assuming you have had it serviced every year with the service record completed.
Working on these units is not a diy job you need an approved un-vented installer (G3)

The cover is missing from the immersion heater ! That looks to be potentially quite dangerous.

They are guaranteed for a number of years and usually for at least 10 years !

BUT to validate the warranty it is a requirement that the cylinder is given an annual service!

Otherwise a replacement is likely to be required.

Once replaced, a new cylinder will be a selling point.

Likely cost less than £1k.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone thanks for the replies. I did get in touch with the manufacturer but they say as it's not been serviced then they can't do anything about it. I was never given a service book with it when I moved in and when I started looking into it it was fitted in 2006 and as I moved in in 2008 they say that it would have needed to be needed to be serviced in between, so even if I had done an annual service they'd have not covered it under the guarantee anyway. I have got the cover I took it off to clean the dust off

Hi everyone thanks for the replies. I did get in touch with the manufacturer but they say as it's not been serviced then they can't do anything about it. I was never given a service book with it when I moved in and when I started looking into it it was fitted in 2006 and as I moved in in 2008 they say that it would have needed to be needed to be serviced in between, so even if I had done an annual service they'd have not covered it under the guarantee anyway. I have got the cover I took it off to clean the dust off

Do you get your car serviced?

I do yes but I just never thought a water tank would be needed to be serviced I just thought it was a tank to heat your water I had a new heating element fitted a year or so ago and plumber never said about it being serviced or anything like that. But I've put this down to experience maybe an expensive lesson

The cover is missing from the immersion heater ! That looks to be potentially quite dangerous.

They are guaranteed for a number of years and usually for at least 10 years !

BUT to validate the warranty it is a requirement that the cylinder is given an annual service!

Otherwise a replacement is likely to be required.

Once replaced, a new cylinder will be a selling point.

Likely cost less than £1k.

Tony

Will that include the cost of replacing the D2 Tony, all the subsequent fabric & decoration repairs??

It does say on the Data Badge about annual service & a Stock Plot's appliances may have been service by the Developer in the interim- to my uncertain knowledge?

Look at Joule Cyclone cylinders as a replacement

I'd fit another Range Tribune, like for like. It's not the cylinder manufacturers fault the knumpty house holder's not got it serviced. Anyway, it's a Tribune Tony has included in his Quote of under a grand.........:censored:

Might just be a thread leak where the prv connects.
If its a hair crack or stress fracture in the stainless steel it is still repairable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back