Help needed with Tribune HE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Quite apart from welding stainless steel in an inert gas atmosphere!

Inert gas atmosphere? LoL
How do you know it even needs welded?
And I dare say you have never welded a piece of steel in your life.

Last edited:
Quite apart from welding stainless steel in an inert gas atmosphere!
another misinterpreted piece of googling Tony , if you were to weld stainless steel the best way is to TIG weld it the IG in TIG means inert gas usually Argon the atmosphere has nothing to do with it, the Argon is used as a shield around the weld point only not the whole atmosphere

The inert gas forms a non oxidising atmosphere around the weld by excluding the air.

But not heating engineer would normally want to be an expert at welding and hold appropriate insurance when all well managed cylinder installations will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

I have never seen a leaking stainless cylinder!

Plenty of Ariston glass lined steel ones leaking though!

But not heating engineer would normally want to be an expert at welding
I think that you will find many Industrial and Commercial qualified heating engineers have Coded welding qualifications, I know you do not, and thank you for explaining to me what the inert gas does I always wondered about that

The inert gas forms a non oxidising atmosphere around the weld by excluding the air.

But not heating engineer would normally want to be an expert at welding and hold appropriate insurance when all well managed cylinder installations will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

I have never seen a leaking stainless cylinder!

Plenty of Ariston glass lined steel ones leaking though!
Tony, you've quoted under a grand for the job, so you'll know what's involved.

As Dan has said, no one in their right mind would weld an unvented cylinder. There's some right rockets on this forum!!

Eh Dan, I'd check the small print on your PL insurance fella!! Are you covered for splitting an atom or working with dynamite?? With mine I need a 'Hot Work Permit' for farting after a Curry.

Tony, you've quoted under a grand for the job, so you'll know what's involved.

As Dan has said, no one in their right mind would weld an unvented cylinder. There's some right rockets on this forum!!

Eh Dan, I'd check the small print on your PL insurance fella!! Are you covered for splitting an atom or working with dynamite?? With mine I need a 'Hot Work Permit' for farting after a Curry.

I know precisely why my insurance covers me for. Anything even in that 10 million, it doesn't include fecking spot welding, TIG welding, I've got bigger balls than you welding.

Yes I can weld. It looks like shyte, and is more for holding trailers and bits of motorbike together rather than superheated steam, but this Roger is a typical Blowhardgreen style know-it-all hiding behind his keyboard. He's been shown up as a prize Bellend several times, so let him crack on. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back