Help!! No Heating for Xmas - Potterton FSB HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys, if anyone has any advice that would be great.

Came home last night to no heating and no hot water. THe 3 lights on the front panel (Power symbol, flame and flame with a line through it) are as follows.

Power - flashing green, flame - flashing green, flame with line through it - solid red.

There is water in the system and we have just bled all the radiators.

Any ideas? Manual seems to say this is a dry fire issue? New pump or condensate pump required? Anyway to check this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What happens when you try to reset it?

Have you allowed the system pressure to fall below 1.0 Bar?

Normally the solution would be to call a boiler engineer!

Tony

Thanks for your reply Tony.

Nothing happens when the rest button is pushed, havent checked the pressure yet as i only just discovered where the pressure gauge is today so will check when i get home.

Is it a problem if the pressure has dropped below 1 bar? If i take the cover off should i be able to hear the pump working?

I have a heating engineer coming tonight but i just wanted to make sure i knew a bit more before he arrived.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back