Help! No Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have a Worcester Combi 24cdi quite an old boiler and has been on its last legs for a while now. We returned home yesterday to find the boiler had tripped the electrics due to a leak from the AAV. I think it had shorted something on the board maybe. Anyway it now , when heating is called for ignites the burners but continues to spark and then after about 8 seconds it locks out and the heating light flashes slow.
Today I purchased a second hand board from eBay ( local to me) fitted it correctly but this didn’t fire up anything! ( maybe a duff board) One thing I noticed was the last digit on the board part numbers were different by one. The boards looked pretty identical except for a couple of relays near to the spade connector for the pump. Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Again and again on here...

"My PC has a pcb and so does my boiler. One and the same... If I know how to change the one on my PC, surely it's the same skillset for my boiler!"

Errr! Your boiler won't just delete your files!!

Sponsored Links
surely the pcb has to at least look identical. but for it to not look identical or even have the same numbers?

Appreciate you are trying to fix your boiler yourself as it is cheaper, especially this time of year but honestly, boilers are not really a DIY'able item, especially when it comes to playing with PCB's.

The golden rule for fault finding and PCB's is that the boards need to be identical, one number out can turn a boiler into something dangerous, not worth playing with.

I would not recommend using secondhand boards on any appliance even if they are identical & have the same numbers.

Thanks to those who were trying to help. Correct board now fitted and all fine. Getting a gas safe engineer round to check. Thanks again

I am an electrical and electronics engineer and I still get a guy use to working with boilers to repair mine, even when oil and no where near as dangerous, the main reason is cost, it is far too easy to get it wrong and order wrong part, second is speed, likely he has part I require on his van, and last but not least is safety as he has the meters to test if I am getting dangerous fumes into the room.

I love DIY and would not hesitate to work on the control system outside the boiler, with thermostats etc, but inside just not worth it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back