help no hot tap water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi peeps
have oil heating don't know name of system,think its about five years old has one controller that turns on rads and hot water at same time,rads are heating up but not getting enough hot water from taps as normal,mains water was shut down to add a outside tap about 2 weeks ago ,problem started 4 days ago ,in the morning timer starts the heating at 5 for 2 hours there used to be plenty of hot water ,now it is just look warm ,if heating is on for most of day im only getting one large bath full and it is still not boiling,but all rads are boiling to touch ?

kind regards mitch

Sponsored Links
any questions ,i will try to answer...its just that if the rads are heating ,i mean they are really hot to touch (boiling)why is the tank not filling with same????????????????im going out to stare at boiler to see if i can scare it to work :eek:

regards mitch;)

ok just turned all rads off ,went out to burner and it was very noisy like water bubbles our something boiling like a kettle(no steam)can you bleed the system like u can on rads ,their is two pipes at burner one going to bottom ,but the one coming out the top has a pump and a end piece on it with a small black cap (like a tyre valve cap)is this the bleeder valve ?

cheers mitch :?:

Sponsored Links
auto ,forgive me if im wrong but it has no wires or anything coming from it ,i took the cap of and it has an hexagonal key grub screw in it ,i undid it nothing happened for a few minutes then water came out i replaced it and now no matter what position it is in the water still trickles out ,what?since i turned all rads off i now have hot water(boiling hot tap water)now turned all rads on still not hot approx 2 hrs tried to bleed down stairs rads their fine ,upstairs nothing is coming out not even air think i've out done myself on this one ,will go and try upstairs rad again (im taken a cuppa up this time)ok here goes

regards mitch

morning all
i did wonder why the guy in the tool shop looked at me that way :eek: .thing is the auto air vent is still seeping since i used the allen key on it (hexagonal)it did let air out ,then water but has not stopped yet,the rads and the hot water are back to normal it took a long time to bleed the rads but i now have hot water plus rads :D ,is this unit easy to replace what is involved ie do i need to drain the system

kind regards mitch

if it ain't broke dont fix it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back