Help no system pressure of hot water since removing raditor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing some decorating in our home and have removed one of the radiators to decorate behind it. I am now considering replacing the radiator.

However, since removing the radiator we have no hot water and the pressure gauge on our Worcester 28i junior boiler is 0. The system has been set to hot water only.

The few times i have tried to get hot water the warning light on the boiler sets off at 1 flash per second and the Radiators upstairs start making noises. After resetting the system nothing happens.

I would start by repressurising the system but unfortunately i am not familiar with this type of boiler so not exactly sure how to do this and whether this should be my first move.

Fortunately this is not an urgent matter as we are not staying in the house while the decorating is being done.

Would appreciate any assistance you may be able to offer.

Sponsored Links
The boiler wont fire until the pressure is returned this protects the pump. look for a sliver hose with two valves either side this is usually how the pressure is topped up. re pressurise to 1.5bar

Thanks for the reply.

Think I remember seeing this little silver hose underneath the boiler. presumably i just open both the valves and wait for the system gauge to repressurise to 1.5bar. Pretty straightforward.
Thanks for the help!

Make sure all your radiator bleed valves and drain offs are closed first.
Then you'll have to bleed all of your radiators and top up the pressure again while you're doing it.

Sponsored Links
thanks again.

Will I need to wait until I have replaced the radiator or can I re-pressurise the system with the boiler set to hot water only.

I understand it is a sealed system but was hoping to have hot water while I re-decorate and consider replacing the current radiator.

thanks for the help.

You can repressurise it with the radiator still removed, although you should put a blanking plug on the exposed Thermostatic Valve end of the pipes since these have a habit of leaking (usually overnight :mad: ).

For what it's worth you could run the rest of the heating circuit if needed - you don't have to limit it to hot water only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back