help - Offset connector for toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted almost a year ago about leaking soil pipe...
Wrapped in Denso and not had a problem since...so good that I densoed the flush pipe from the concealed cistern and then the flush pipe to the toilet....(got myself where I couldn't disturb any of the joints so couldn't even put in a new flush pipe connector!!!)
that is until now...

Decided just to 'refresh' the bathroom (inc box over these pipes) - but turning into a bit of a nightmare..

Realised I needed to replace rusty screws holding down the loo (never noticed before - scuffed stained cork can be useful!) But they had rotted away- like carpet tacks - worried how to get new screws in cos rusty bits will still be there, also I would need to try and slip the vinyl tiles under -not ready for flooring yet - so left it unscrewed....
Small person has been climbing - and pulled it away from the wall - both joints are now leaking...
Flush pipe I can handle (famous last words) - the waste is more of a problem..

Waste pipe finishes just inside plasterboard wall. Approx (denso in way) top of soil pipe is 21 cm from floor. Top of waste outlet from the toilet is 25.5cm from floor - distance between toilet outlet and wall is approx 9cm.

I suspect the loo is the original from 1970 - soil pipe connector is plastic - are they likely to be standard sizes (only loo in house - want to get everything ready before attempting- can't pull it to pieces to measure just yet)

I know I can buy a double offset at 40mm...will I get away with that? Is there anything bigger? Also how long are they - is that all I'll need? Bearing in mind rusty screws and leaking flush pipe - I can (probably should) move the pan a bit - probably closer would be better (could shorten flush pipe..) . Also noticed on the pan is a 'K' current connector is not on that far (see photo)

Actually might even get a new 'normal' toilet - which would only stick out 10 cm more than the current bodged concealed cistern one ...and I could reuse in future -with wall moved back....are all new toilet wastes a standard height (looked at a few and they seem to 190cm to centre)?

If this would be a very difficult job (move soil pipe...) very tempted to get a plumber in....

Sponsored Links
that soil pipe is glued together Terrain ( brand name ) so it aint gonna move none ;) but you can get a long flexi connector from a diy shed or plumbers merchants - easy job to replace from back of wc to a convenient point you cut off with a cheap £8 . handsaw ;)

Will the flexi connector be ok?
Read a few bad things posted about them... :confused:
Was trying to avoid them - but if needs must....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back