help on internal insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i live in a 5 yer old house and i have had the outside walls insulated all around the house, yet the internal plasterboards are always really cold - help any advise would be grateful please...... i do live opposite quite an open area but the walls just always remain cold even when the heatings on !! im thinking should i just get a decent builder in to rip the plasterboard walls off and insulate between the wooden frame then reput the boards on ? help im really lost !! :oops:

Sponsored Links
maybe its because they have no (or virtually no) mass to retain heat, so maybe insulating them wouldn't make any difference. ..just an idea. not much one can do about that.

if u live in a 5yr old house, building regulations, nhbc regs & bldg gaurantee requirements etc. etc. require that the building would have been built to the correct specification.

therefore u wouldn't require additional insulation in the walls, if u have had it done............how was it done - injection method?

is the cold/damp at the bottom of the walls on ground floor.....if so u might be havin cold briding goin on..........if so speak to the house builder & enquire about the bldg gaurantee

Sponsored Links
when i asked the house builders they said that they didnt insulate the house on the external walls behind the bricks cus they used insulated breeze blocks (or somthing doen that line anyways) but i had a lealet from the local council that said you can get your house insulated with a grant, so i did - the insulating compant came round drilled holes into the walls and filled it all up with yellow bits of wool (sorry guys i dont know the proper terms), whilst yes in the summer the house gets really hot - but the walls inside still stay really cold. i dont know what to do :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back