Internal Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I have extended my garage and it's attached to my house and it's a single brick wall. I am looking to insulate the internal walls with insulation boards and I am looking to DIY this.

What thickness is required for single brick wall?

Which method is easier the dib and dab method using insulation boards with plasterboard attached or to put up battons and manual fix the insulation boards in and then the plasterboard on top?
Thank you for your help

Sponsored Links
Fix thermal laminate plasterboard direct to the wall. You can either mech fix or dot and dab. Mech fix is easier to handle if you're doing it yourself. Lafarge make fixings for the job. When you compare prices make sure you are comparing like for like. Boards have different grades of insulation on them, which obviously are priced differently. The best is Thermalcheck K from Lafarge or Kooltherm K18 from Kingspan. Go for the thickest you can afford or have space for. I think the thickest available is about 80mm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back