Insulating internal walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's a couple of internal walls which have no insulation in & I wondered if I could insulate it in the same manner as cavity wall so I don't have to rip all the plasterboard off. Rather than pay a company to do it is there something I could hire to fill it with insulation myself. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why would you want to insulate an internal wall?

Or do you mean an internal face of an external wall?

You can't 'fill' a solid wall.

Can you be more specific and elaborate please?

Its an internal wall that divides a bedroom and a bathroom. I get up for work at 5am & use the shower so I suppose its more for sound proofing really so I'm not waking the whole house up. If the bedroom gets to retain a bit of heat too then its a bonus

There's a couple of internal walls which have no insulation in & I wondered if I could insulate it in the same manner as cavity wall so I don't have to rip all the plasterboard off. Rather than pay a company to do it is there something I could hire to fill it with insulation myself. Thanks
Need to take the plasterboard off and fill it with insulation.

Sponsored Links
The sound will find other ways to penetrate, such as via the ceiling and floor.
And at 5am, any sound is more noticable. You may be wasting your time

Agree with Tony, the sounds that travel through a house are still going to do so irrespective of a bit of token insulation.

Be prepared to be disappointed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back