HELP on retiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there hope someone can help us.

We have bad bathroom tiles that have been letting water in behind them for a while, and today came back to home to a horrid mould damp smell from there, so looked behind bath and there it is black horrid smelly mould, so decided to remove some tile above bath and discovered that it was built with a chipboard sheets nailed to plasterboard which i believe backs onto another plasterboard wall which is the kitchen wall, now we took aload of tiles and damp rotten chipboard off of the first plasterboard wall behind the bath and notice that this plasterboard is also a little damp and moves a little when prodded.
Is there anything i can do to put up a damp proof solution ontop of this plasterboard then put up a wall so i can start bathroom tiling for the first time.

Please please help us to find a way of a damp proof solution with out taking down this plasterboard?

Thank you for all your time

Sponsored Links
Hi there hope someone can help us.

We have bad bathroom tiles that have been letting water in behind them for a while, and today came back to home to a horrid mould damp smell from there, so looked behind bath and there it is black horrid smelly mould, so decided to remove some tile above bath and discovered that it was built with a chipboard sheets nailed to plasterboard which i believe backs onto another plasterboard wall which is the kitchen wall, now we took aload of tiles and damp rotten chipboard off of the first plasterboard wall behind the bath and notice that this plasterboard is also a little damp and moves a little when prodded.
Is there anything i can do to put up a damp proof solution ontop of this plasterboard then put up a wall so i can start bathroom tiling for the first time.

Please please help us to find a way of a damp proof solution with out taking down this plasterboard?

Thank you for all your time

if the original plasterboard is wet/damp the answer is NO.
best advice would be to rip it all out, put your new plasterboard wall up, tank it then tile it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back