Help pick replacement combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my brothers boiler is knackered and to cut a long story short he needs a replacement cheap,merchants recommended a Vokera eayheat 29 as a cheap replacement £509 inc, so any help on this, he has 2 showers and current boiler is an old saunier duval 35kw so managed to talk him down from the 35kw to 30kw ish as he has it fixed in his head that he needs like for like for the showers but have explained Dhw flow rates have changed.
So what would you recommend for around the £500 range, I know it’s the bottom of the barrel , but he is totally skint as other bills have hit him in the last couple of months?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hot water flow rates haven't really changed that much. He should bear in mind that he'll only get out what goes in though, so if his incoming main isn't too special then he might find there's no benefit from a 35. Can't tell you that without measuring the flow though.

If he can stretch a little bit then the Intergas Rapid 32 is an excellent boiler which is also compatible with the latest OpenTherm controls, making it more efficient and cheaper to run if he upgrades his present controls either now or in the future. It's worth investing a bit more now for lower cost of ownership

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler itself make much difference to the total fitted price?

I cant help thinking that a model your chosen installer prefers because he knows it well and is easy to fit would achieve the most competitive overall cost.

Ask Lemon_1 for advice, he knows of a boiler that is fitted in 3 hours :ROFLMAO:

Installer wants to fit WB but as a friend he said buy anything and he will fit it(well he will come out to cap gas and I will remove old boiler,check core position and fit the jig and then get him back)to complete and fill paperwork

Don't get a WB :( much better boilers are available for less money. Technically your Gas Safe installer should hang the boiler on the wall so that he can satisfy himself in doing so that it's not going to fall off again.

Don't get a WB :( much better boilers are available for less money. Technically your Gas Safe installer should hang the boiler on the wall so that he can satisfy himself in doing so that it's not going to fall off again.
Thanks I used to work alongside him till I had to stop working due to I’ll health so gave my ticket up, so I would like to think he can trust me to hang a jig or boiler and connect the wet system to it, and he admitted that WB is not what it was years ago so leaving the choice to me, and as I am out of the loop for the last few years thought to ask on here for recommendations as to current boilers from those in the know

what would you recommend for around the £500 range, I know it’s the bottom of the barrel , but he is totally skint as other bills have hit him in the last couple of months?
Thanks
Local gas fitters will be chomping at the bit for that job then.

That video is so amusing. The heat exchange is processed fully automatically... so what are the men with little hammers at 7:30 doing ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back