What basic combi is recommended at this time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my brother has an old saunier duval approx 20 years old and the fan has failed so looking to get a new combi and I gave up my ticket years back so don’t know what’s a decent model that the guys are happy to fit , it’s 3 bedroom flat with separate shower Room and a bathroom with bath and shower above it total 8 rads. And in this climate and things are tight he’s not looking at anything fancy. So any help ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Best value boiler on the market at the moment is probably the main eco compact but that's not very adjustable for a small flat.

I'm sure Vokera would have a good option in the range that's a balance between price and quality. @vulcancontinental could probably advise you better

Reactions: CBW
And in this climate and things are tight he’s not looking at anything fancy. So any help ?
Thanks
So, in that case, why not replace the fan? A lot cheaper than replacing the boiler.

Agree with @winston1, why not just replace the fan? Vokera’s can be bought as a decent package, and I’m led to believe they’re good boilers.

Sponsored Links
It's kind of people to mention Vokera and the new Vibe Max would be the one to look at I think. It modulates to below 3kW on the 25. There's a lot of other stuff too but I don't want to turn it into an advert. Cupboard fit, stainless large bore, standard pipe layout and I was told around £500 for the 25 including flue from City Plumbing but I couldn't find it on their website.

A version of exactly the same boiler called the Excel-i is exclusive to Wolseley but has no filling loop. Bluetooth or modbus connection for the Smartkey wi-fi remote control and is probably a little cheaper.

It's kind of people to mention Vokera and the new Vibe Max would be the one to look at I think. It modulates to below 3kW on the 25. There's a lot of other stuff too but I don't want to turn it into an advert. Cupboard fit, stainless large bore, standard pipe layout and I was told around £500 for the 25 including flue from City Plumbing but I couldn't find it on their website.

A version of exactly the same boiler called the Excel-i is exclusive to Wolseley but has no filling loop. Bluetooth or modbus connection for the Smartkey wi-fi remote control and is probably a little cheaper.

You're not advertising you was invited into the thread because I was really impressed with the new models and I'm looking forward to trying them. We still have a lot of Lineas in Northants where the pipe layout is already DIN and the Vibe Max looks a great boiler - except for the Ann Summers name :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks all will pass your answers on to him the reason for not replacing the fan is that is just one part that’s on the way out the air pressure switch is faulty and he needs to keep topping it up as the neoprene is done in and I was going to fit an external expansion vessel when I next visited him and also the board was swapped out years back for a different model so all in I will point him towards the Vokera

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
You're not advertising you was invited into the thread because I was really impressed with the new models and I'm looking forward to trying them. We still have a lot of Lineas in Northants where the pipe layout is already DIN and the Vibe Max looks a great boiler - except for the Ann Summers name :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

DIN is F,H,G,C,R to Vokera.

Lineas would be R,F,G,H,C and when the last of the Ali Compacts and easiheats go the only straight swap would be the Unica Max at 30, 35 and 40kW.

The Linea was a higher end boiler of the time so more of an equal swap than an easiheat.

First batch came in a couple of weeks ago but just about everything is allocated. The Unica Max 30C is now in but several hundred pounds more though a much higher spec boiler and 10 year warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back