Help !!! Pipe in bathroom banging...Driving me mad....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After investigation behind the sink / end of bath panel I have discovered that the pipe from the sink (small white) runs away and meets with a large grey pipe were the water then falls down and away. All the pipes are insulated so i have held each one to see if it bangs ? No ! The white pipe from the sink got hot with the hot water passing thru but the banging is persistant and loud. By mistake i put pressure on the big grey pipe which is 2 inches off the floor and the banging stopped !!! With this in mind i kept the hot water running and occasionally pressed this big grey pipe and again the banging stopped. This pipe ran from past the sink to the far corner wall.

Now the big grey pipe is the toilet outlet so i cannot understand why this pipe is making so much noise when the hot water is running thru a different pipe. The only time they come together is away in the corner when all the water / waste falls to the ground !!

If any body can shed any light on this i would be most grateful.

I have already consulted an engineer from a major gas/electric supplier who came to service all my heating and plumbing and i was told that i just had to live with it, nothing could be done !

Any further help assistance or advise would be so gratefully received.

Thanks a million in advance................. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Grey pipe is a soil pipe and the banging is the expansion+contraction of the plastic where the pipe is binding against something...probably timber....bloody chippies cut things in tighter than a....... :oops: I see where you are from/ Major engineer....... :LOL: Look for my comments about gas fitters too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back