help please...hompage probs..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
after i visited one of those " funny " type sites..... :oops: it as changed my hompage to sommat different ,even though i change back to ntl, after a few mins it changes back again..ive run spybot to no avail..anyother free downloads i could run.It also puts a short cut on my desk top..its as if you can delete..but somewhere something is over-writing it and so it comes back.--running windows 98se, i.e 5
thank you..

Sponsored Links
just a thought, right click the short cut, see what it is a short cut to, try search, find it and delete it

Search the forum for spyware and adware. This has been covered quite a lot recently.

Regards

cws shredder should sort it - free program

Sponsored Links
Firstly, goto Start run and type regedit

this will load up the registy editor, looks abit like windows exploere

on the lefthand panel go to:

HKEY_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\current version\run

these are all the programs that are run when windows starts. some of them will be drivers. for each one, search for the file using google, you should see what it does. if its not essential, delete the registy key.

Also, you will be able to find some spyware by looking at the process list in task manager. again, bring this up (ctrl alt delete - task manager) and search for each process in turn, if its a rouge process, locate the exe and delete it. (you will have to stop the process first)

Back