Help please - is my paint choice going to work?!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help me!

I am painting my wooden kitchen cabinet doors after sandings them with the Dulux Professional Undercoat for Wood and Metal and I intend to use satinwood paint on top!

But I'm freaking out now as it says on the back of the tin that it is an iddeal undercoat for dulux GLOSS????

Please can anyone tell me is it okay to paint satinwood over Dulux Professional Undercoat for Wood and Metal???!!!!

Please anyone???

thanks in advance,

Sophia

Sponsored Links
sophia.

Stop panicking, it would fine to apply your Satinwood over your choosen undercoat. Satinwood is self undercoating so you would also be okay to apply direct to your doors without the undercoat.

Dec.

Oh thanks Dec,

my husband was freaking out big time, thought it was to the divorce court! Do you think Dec, 1 coat of primer would be sufficient and 2 coats of the satinwood over it!!!!!!????

thanks for your help!!

you should be worried more about getting the oxidised fat deposits off your doors from the cooking vapours.

Sponsored Links
A cleaning problem?

:idea:

Every cleaning problem can be solved by an Epoxy paint... just £29.99 and you too could have chemically bulletproof kitchen units.

You know the space shuttle? That entire thing is made of zip ties and epoxy glue.

j/k :arrow:

Just go over them. Whenever you're unsure with things like this, you can always test a little patch, let it dry and see if it's working properly. Be that a paint binding, a glue sticking or a space shuttle. Scientists do it ALL the time, run microscale tests prior to running it up to large scale.

I'd stop buying Delux paint if you're not after them for the colour range. If it's just white you're after, try undercoating with a dirt cheap B&Q's own brand. That works fine for me if I do two or three quick coats with a roller, brush and tray in my left arm. There is not one tin of paint I've ever used that can get a solid, pure white, pristine finish with one strike.

But there are lots that can do something very similar to the Delux for a third or quarter of the price.

Thanks for all your help, I cleaned with sugar soap prior to commencing this venture, 1st coat of primer and 1st coat of satinwood now finished and looks absolutely amazing!!!!! :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back