Help please - urgent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys
Desperately in need of help. In summary our contractor has disappeared leaving us and our project in a big mess. While we peruse our options to trace him, our immediate priority is to get the project completed. We were having extension built and part of the extension was new CH and wet UFH. Our contractor has completed the installation of UFH (manifold installed) but the UFH left filled with water but not connected to the boiler yet.
We have engaged a builder to complete the work and somehow take us out of the mess. As you can imagine we feel very nervous and venerable and just don't know who to believe. Anyway this builder came recommended through family friend but we remain nervous.
To cut the story short we have the following UFH/CH kit ordered and delivered at our address. The new builder has taken the work on labour only basis as he was unable to work out the material costs, beggars cannot be choosers so we had to agree. We wanted to get the work completed asap, we are all had enough of living on the building site for past 3 months.
Our ordered Kit to be installed in the newly built utility room.
Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 630 System Boiler
Vaillant Standard Horizontal Air/flue Duct with Elbow and Terminal
Vaillant auroSTOR 310 Unvented Solar Cylinder Twin Coil
Vaillant VRC470 Digital Weather Compensator
Fernox TF1 Dual Action Magnetic Filter - 22mm
Fernox Protector F1 - 500ml

Honeywell Evohome Base Pack
Emmeti 230 Volt 8 Way Wiring Centre
Emmeti 230 Volt Electrothermic Actuator Heads
Emmeti 3 Port Underfloor Heating Manifold Kit & T3 Control Pack
PERT-AL-PERT Multilayer Underfloor Heating Barrier Pipe 16x2m

Now the builder has brought his plumber who would do the certified installation, although he said he could do the job but just because we insisted on certified installation he has to bring external installer.
The installer came and told us that we need to purchase some items as we just have the bare minimum kit. He told us that to complete the installation he needs following items, see below.

Brass clips 22mm
Bras clips 15mm
Wall plates male
Wall plates female
Zone valves 2szt
Pipes 15mm 10
Pipes 22mm 10
Elbows 15mm 1pack
Elbows 22mm 1 pack
Elbows 15mm 45degrees 10
Elbows 22mm 45 degrees 10
Tee 22mm 15
Tee 15mm 10
Strap boss+reducer to 22mm
Over flow pipe+elbows
Washing machine trap
Tundish
Plastic elbows pushfeet 22mm
Inserts 22mm
Straight connectors push feet 22mm
Plastic pipe 40mm 1szt
Elbows 40mm 2szt
Flex cable 0.75mm
Flex cable 2.5mm
Flex cable 1.5mm
Brass reducer 3/4-22mm
Brass reducer 1and1/2"-22mm
Brass reducer 1"
(Copied the list as I received it)

It seems to a lot to us but we have not got a clue whether all these items are required or not? We are not doubting that items are needed we just want to ensure we are not taken for a ride.

I would be grateful if the experts here can have a quick overview on the list of items required, don't mind a few items here and there added as back up but just need second opinion that we are not going to be out of pocket second time around.
Thanks in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the world of plumbing I'm afraid. All sounds quite possible to me depending on the size and length of pipe runs etc. This is all the stuff the poor old plumber normally has to fork out for before starting the job.

Not sure about the copper pipe in packs of ten but again, don't really know the size/layout.

If you go ahead and buy all this, then Screwfix is probably your best bet for a reasonable price.

looks ok to me.

hes going to need pipes/fittings/clips if you want him to actually plum the stuff up for you isnt he?

Out of curiosity, you have the twin coil cylinder but dont mention anything regarding solar panels/solar pumping station etc etc.

Do you know that cylinder is for heating off of a boiler and panels? No reason you cant use it, but I'll bet its quite a bit more expensive than the standard single coil cylinder if your not planning on adding the rest on?

Assuming he means bundles of 10 3m lengths of tube.

But specifying "packs" of fittings is risky. Packs can contain 2, 5 , 10, 25 or 50 fittings :LOL:.

You mention Evohome. As I mentioned in the other thread. this will only control 1 zone. for it to control multiple zones you will need the HCC80 - which will then mean the Emmeti wiring centre is not needed.

You'll then need the requisite number of thermostats/sensors for the number of zones you have.

People shouldn't be messing with Evo unless they have had the training. It is great, but gets expensive when you don't understand it.

Sponsored Links
Welcome to the world of plumbing I'm afraid. All sounds quite possible to me depending on the size and length of pipe runs etc. This is all the stuff the poor old plumber normally has to fork out for before starting the job.

Not sure about the copper pipe in packs of ten but again, don't really know the size/layout.

If you go ahead and buy all this, then Screwfix is probably your best bet for a reasonable price.

Thanks for the input sounds like i am not taken for a ride. Plumber has asked to visit city plumbing to purchase items, apparently he gets a decent discount from them.

looks ok to me.

hes going to need pipes/fittings/clips if you want him to actually plum the stuff up for you isnt he?

Out of curiosity, you have the twin coil cylinder but dont mention anything regarding solar panels/solar pumping station etc etc.

Do you know that cylinder is for heating off of a boiler and panels? No reason you cant use it, but I'll bet its quite a bit more expensive than the standard single coil cylinder if your not planning on adding the rest on?
Thanks for the help, yes we have plans to install solar panels when we do our loft conversion so basically we were future proofing the system.

i think the fact that he is using brass clips for the pipework speaks volumes about the quality of work he will do, as he must take pride in his work if he uses them.

Beats a shed load of speedfit and nail overs that's for sure.

Gets really expensive on a big job though.

Gotta have a word about my terms on Munsens - pushing £2 a clip gets a little steep when doing a big install.

As I mentioned in the other thread. this will only control 1 zone. for it to control multiple zones you will need the HCC80 - which will then mean the Emmeti wiring centre is not needed.

You'll then need the requisite number of thermostats/sensors for the number of zones you have.

People shouldn't be messing with Evo unless they have had the training. It is great, but gets expensive when you don't understand it.

Thanks Dan, yes i saw your other post so basically you are saying that HCC80 would be better option than Emmeti wiring centre?

I am not sure what the plumber has in mind (thermostats/sensors), will talk to him tomorrow, is there a way of ensuring that he is not messing the Evo?

Small observation, believe Zone valves 2szt means 2 port zone valve, can anyone recommend make model or something to avoid?

Well reading the instructions is a good start.

The HCC80 is a wireless wiring centre that activates the manifold actuators.

Evo is a fully integrated system that uses a bespoke logic between all the components. It is not rocket science - but it is easily made a mess of, and works in a counter intuitive way.

If he is not familiar with Evo, tell him to get on the course - or tell him to join the Combustion Chamber section of this forum where there is plenty of "expert" advice.

Small observation, believe Zone valves 2szt means 2 port zone valve, can anyone recommend make model or something to avoid?

Depnds what they are controlling?

If the cylinder - then the it comes with.

If rads, then Honeywell.

If the manifold, then not really necessary (neither of mine have one) but Guardian solutions do one that is base don the same actuators and ideal for controlling UFH.

Standard zone valves are not appropriate. Sunvic's MOMO valves aren't worth a w@nk rag in a nunnery.

As I mentioned in the other thread. this will only control 1 zone. for it to control multiple zones you will need the HCC80 - which will then mean the Emmeti wiring centre is not needed.

Thanks Dan, yes i saw your other post so basically you are saying that HCC80 would be better option than Emmeti wiring centre?

I am not sure what the plumber has in mind (thermostats/sensors), will talk to him tomorrow, is there a way of ensuring that he is not messing the Evo?

You will need to ask how the Evo system is going to work with the Vaillant controller, I don't think they will work together as to run everything with full weather compensation you are going to need Vaillant controls for the UFH Zone aswell as a vr61/2 wiring centre to run the cylinder/UFH. I have an almost identical system and this is how mine is setup.

You can switch to the Evo system and drop the Vaillant controls but you then lose the weather compensation and the ability to have different flow temperatures to allow a high flow temp for a rapid recharge of the cylinder with lower flow temps for the radiators/UFH

Good points Hoss - missed the bunny controls.

If weather comp is important to you then drop the Evo.

If not, then drop he Bunny controls.

If you have bought both then it is tricky... .but this is why, although I do offer Bunnies begrudgingly to customers, I prefer Atag and Intergas boilers as they are far more flexible.

You will need to ask how the Evo system is going to work with the Vaillant controller, I don't think they will work together as to run everything with full weather compensation you are going to need Vaillant controls for the UFH Zone aswell as a vr61/2 wiring centre to run the cylinder/UFH. I have an almost identical system and this is how mine is setup.

You can switch to the Evo system and drop the Vaillant controls but you then lose the weather compensation and the ability to have different flow temperatures to allow a high flow temp for a rapid recharge of the cylinder with lower flow temps for the radiators/UFH

Thanks Hoss for the input, great point re Evo wont work with Vaillant controls, unsure if my plumber is fully aware of that.
I might be making hasty decision, would really like to have Evo but in a situation like mine i would like to have simple system and as i am having Vaillant kit then its best to stick to tried and tested system and drop Evo from the menu (Sorry Dan).
As you have identical system perhaps would you be able to help me on deciding how best to implement my system?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back