Hello All,

400V 16KW Load PFC.8 = 50A
2.5 T+E Through insulation (+500MM) CCC = 18.5A

Correct ?
Thank you for any comments.
I just need to check.

Ed.

Sponsored Links
I know I'm only a DIYer, but any chance you could clarify what you're asking in words and sentences? And separate the 2 questions.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Steve,

1)Motor with a fower factor of .8, 16KW load fed by 400Volts would have a rating of 50A ?

2) The current carrying capacity of 2.5 twin and earth installed within insulation in a loft for a distance of +500mm is 18.5A ?

Ed.

Thats better! I could have done a Softus and said "please state the nature of the problem you wish to solve" :LOL:

(As it happens I dont know the answers sorry!)

The motor calc seems right, but my calcs for the T/E put its effective current rating at approx 10.5 Amps due to the thermal insulation

Scott

The 2.5mm² twin and earth one, the cable is method 15 which is 21A. Table 4D5A.

scott6471 said:
The motor calc seems right, but my calcs for the T/E put its effective current rating at approx 10.5 Amps due to the thermal insulation

Scott

Back to school, my friend............. ;)

Thank you ricicle :oops:

Very basic and foolhardy error on the motor calc, but as for the cable in the thermal insulation Ed neglected to mention it was exposed on one side, in his words "through thermal insulation for 500mm" which following the link it obviously is not.

Scott

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back