HELP PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant combi boiler VCW-GB 221 H

What happens if you turn pressure relief valve?

this was done by mistake and now water dripping from overflow, only a little... was turned once only 1 way...

pressure at 1bar after refill....

heating seems to be working ok... but should i get a plumber out?

i don't want it to go bang or anything nasty boiler in my bedroom cupboard

many thanks

Lisa

Sponsored Links
this can happen cos they dont always re-seal watertight. see if it stops dripping over a day or 2. if not turn it a few times (boiler off) and let some water out...it might clear some muck out. represurise and see if it seals. if not you need a new one

If the valve is still dripping you will need to call someone out to clean/replace it. Not realy a diy job.
The boiler won't go bang, but not very good to keep topping up.

If it doesn't stop dripping you could try flushing it through. Bring the boiler pressure up to 1.5 Bar MAX and turn the safety valve to flush the valve quickly. Allow the pressure to drop to 0.5 BAR. Repeat a few times then set the pressure back at 1 Bar.

If you need to get someone out to replace the valve make sure they know this boiler model. It's far more complex than others and many installers will want to replace it.

Sponsored Links
yes, it turns anticlockwise to lift the valve off the seating then you will feel it click back down into place when its gone past its full travel.

ok thanks folks.

yeah it clicked in place, just wasn't sure if this ment it was open or closed/ on or off think i understand now..
thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back