Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I think I have made a school boy error and not thought something through which is looking like there is no way out...

... Basically I have managed to put up my own conservatory on a concrete floor. The dwarf wall is not brick it is concrete slabs bracketed together. I have therefore painted wickes bitumen damp proofing paint on the floor and also the whole of the dwarf wall (internal). The problem is that I now need to Batern the dwarf wall so I can plasterboard it. However I can't drill as it will disturb the membrane but also the wall is to thin. I can't find what adhesive to use. The grab stuff which normally works great for most stuff seems to not hold to the membrane paint and just re activates it. I checked the back of the grab adhesive and it even says not to use on bitumen.

I was thinking to Maybe mix some water with pva and run that over the walls to create a barrier then stick the Batten using the grab, then plasterboard and job done.

Does anyone know if this will work or what adhesive to use. I know I should have probably battened first then applied the membrane but in honesty I probably rushed getting excited to see the end result. Any help is really appreciated.

Scott

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back