Help plumbing in new bathroom pump please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone advise please on how best to connect my new pump to the bath and basin in this very small bathroom:

plumbing.jpg

As you see the existing supplies are underfloor, but the outlet from the pump will be significantly above floor level. There is very little space to turn the pipework back down below the floor without using right-angled elbows. I'm concerned that such elbows will induce noise and sap flow. Should I be?

Can the supplies come horizontally within the back wall then down to the taps, or will that create airlocks? The back wall is brick/blockwork so would need chasing out. Don't like the idea of pipes in brick wall where they can't be accessed, and perhaps this isn't even allowed...?

I was planning on using plastic but the more I think about it the more I suspect copper is the way forward. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you for all advice. I''ve already got the 'get a plumber in' option in reserve but would like to DIY if feasible.

Sponsored Links
Is access available from the pump side of the cylinder ???

Tony

It will be in the airing cupboard, right next to the cylinder - the cupboard occupies a corner of the room. See the small plan view in top right of drawing. It's tight in there though, with the soil pipe on one side (not shown) and the hot cylinder on the other.

I think/hope with a couple of elbows (and air bleed valves at the high points) I should be able to turn the supplies to the taps through 180 degrees into the floor and then sideways into the bathroom. Touch and go for space though.

The original idea was to come off the pump and curve horizontally into the wall the basin and bath back onto, but as I say I'm not sure if this is ever the done thing...?

How are supplies normally taken off these pumps with the vertical outlets?

Sponsored Links
22mm ELbows will be OK. Everyone uses them in places like this - no choice really. 45's or bends would be better in theory but I've never noticed a difference.

Use a FLange off the hw cyl and take the CW from the loft cistern. DOubt you'll need manual bleed vents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back