HELP<<<removing lino adhesive off of a concrete flo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
I have just removed the lino in the kitchen to make way to tiles,and it has left a lot of old adhesive behind.
Now i have tried boiling water,white spirits and hot air gun to rmove it but with no luck so what can i do next.
All help is appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
so i couldnt just use tile adhesive :oops:

depends what your putting down ontop of the floor. if its carpet, or carpet tiles, you could get away with just going over it with adhesive, if its not too bad. If you using another vynal, then you need to have it screeded like stated above

Sponsored Links
so i couldnt just use tile adhesive :oops:

depends what your putting down ontop of the floor. if its carpet, or carpet tiles, you could get away with just going over it with adhesive, if its not too bad. If you using another vynal, then you need to have it screeded like stated above

yeah scrap that last post, obviously i didnt read it properly. aslong as youve got the majority of it up, you can just use tile adhesive over it

here are some pics as i said i have tried most thins to get it up with no luck and to chisel it up it would take me days so could i go straight over this?

floor001.jpg

[/img]
floor002.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back