HELP REQ'D URGENTLY - Boiler PCB

I'm afraid that I'm a bit of an anorak too as I carry a little Velleman single channel scope in the van too :oops:

That proves my point!

A small scope is almost as easy to use as a multimeter.

I am sure I could teach Dave to use one within an hour.

All it does is give a visual indication of the voltage against a horizontal axis of time.

It can measure DC and AC voltages and the clever bit of measuring both present together.

Its main function is to show pulsed waveforms as you get from a vaillant flow turbine, a Hall effect detector on a fan or the drive pulses to a stepper motor or syncronising drive pulses to a fan.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The perfect reason for the manufacturers to fit diagnostic ports on boilers is for them to sell their own software to us, possibly via a third party who will make and sell the diagnostic hard ware, rather like Bosch KTS or Launch for cars..... Of course there is nothing that you can't diagnose on any modern car with a bit of nouse, a decent meter and a scope... Oh and time to go round all of those horrid cheap and nasty sensors

Of course there is nothing that you can't diagnose on any modern car with a bit of nouse, a decent meter and a scope.

I am not sure I agree fully with you there. certainle engine management systems are quite easy to diagnose as you can see the sensor outputs.

Where the problems arise is that the EMU also does the security functions. If it does not unlock the engine you are stuck.

There was a newish Peugot 206 on this site which has an EMU which failed to unlock and there seemed to be no help. His dealer said £1000 to supply and fit a new EMU but no guarantee it would fix it!

There was a Frontera Sport on Ebay with a similar problem that only went for £96 which is less than the cost on one new tyre! That implies that no one thought they could fix it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes, mine was a bit of a sweeping statement, I was thinking more of the engine management and the HVAC in particular, never gave the security a thought... Doh :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back