Help request - Vokera Excell 96e over-temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help :eek:)
My Vokera Excell 96e went into over-temp fault yesterday morning, so I reset and it was ok; did it again this morning, so again reset ok, but now it has done again and when reset it repeats the fault, so won't work.
I have listened to the startup after reset and it sounds to me like the pump isn't working; burner fires up, then you can hear the water start to get hot, the burner shuts off, then continued 'bubbling' noises and then the boiler goes into over-temp failure...
Can anyone advise how to test the pump? I've checked the voltage at the board and it's ok (~240v). Can anyone alternatively suggest other items to test?
Late last year the boiler had a new PCB and was serviced. I'm not a gas fitter but I am an engineer and cold, so am keen to try to diagnose the problem myself if possible, to get the system going again asap :eek:)
All help hugely appreciated!!
Robbie

Sponsored Links
Kevplumb,
A BIG thanks to you for advice...I'm off into the garage to check that now :D
Cheers again,
Robbie

Ok, I've just seen the pump shaft turning, so I guess the pump must be working... the boiler has fired up this time and seems to be running now :confused: I hate intermittent faults, they're always a nightmare in cars and the like, so I guess it's the same for boilers....
Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for stuff to test??

Sponsored Links
Ok, I've just seen the pump shaft turning, so I guess the pump must be working... the boiler has fired up this time and seems to be running now :confused: I hate intermittent faults, they're always a nightmare in cars and the like, so I guess it's the same for boilers....
Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions for stuff to test??

replace pump head, its on its way oot ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back