Help requested with my uneven concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have been very busy the last few weekends combining a small downstairs loo with the adjacent bedroom. I have removed the internal wall, toilet, plumbing etc and have securely capped the soil pipe with a drain test plug. I intend to fill the hole level to the floor surface with cement.

As the subject suggests, the the floor is slightly uneven now where the wall once was, and where the toilet used to be (the toilet appeared to be attached to the floor with a concrete base inside the porcelain which I had to spend ages smashing free with a bolster).

I ultimately want to have the room carpeted. My question is this: how can I even the floor out so it won't feel lumpy under foot? Can I just use a thick underlay?

Pics are attached to the post. It's hard to show properly but it should give you guys the gist. It's probably only a few mm but it's noticeable even in thick-soled boots...

Sponsored Links
Just found out about self-leveling compound... This looks messy, difficult and possibly overkill for this scenario? But I could be wrong on all counts!

Dave

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back