Help Required - Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I am hoping to find some help here, i have a halstead ace combi boiler and a digital thermostat.

Basically the system pressue is fine, the setting on the boiler is set to heating and hot water, i have bled all the radiators to ensure no air.

When i turn on the hot tap the boiler fires up as usual and hey presto steaming hot water, the problem i have is when i turn up the temperature on the thermostat nothing happens with the boiler, the green light comes on to register that the thermostat has received instruction but nothing happens with the boiler, it is not locked out!

I have reset the thermostat and turned off power to the boiler and turned it all back on but it made no difference. I cant understand why the hot water works but the heating doesnt.

ANy ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler wired to the thermostat?

Did it work last week?

Has anyone ( including you! ) been tampering?

Tony

possibly the pump not working so the flow switch is not making

I have not tampered with anything and yes the thermostat box is wired into the boiler.

The problem has now reveresed itself, the heating is working but no hot water, could this mean a problem with the divertor valve?

If so possible costs?

Sponsored Links
plumber visited and claimed the divetor valve was knackered and needed replacing £200 + labour and VAT

phoned Halstead techincal and they were great told me it would be the diaprahm and the part is only £30.

just need to change the part now :S

lol cheers for that rob.

i'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for (*******s) lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back