HELP - Rough costs for a re-roof end terrace house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I dont know if anyone out there can help me. I live in a standard end terrace house, the felt has deteriorated (I can see this in the loft, plus the fact I have a small hole which leaks occassionally - a strategically placed bucket in the loft has dealt with this problem over winter, while I save up!).

So the terrace house is standard width, the back of the house the roof continues over the back bedroom (3rd bedroom through the bedroom - am I explaining myself!?!?). The bathroom is downstairs at the back, again with a pitched roof.

So what we want is -
1. All the felt replaced with good quality felt which is going to last - we have been advised breathable (?) felt is the best
2. Roof then rebattened
3. Re use as many of the tiles as possible.

The reason for posting on here is that we have been getting quotes, some from one man band type companies and some from roof ing companies. I dont know what the sort of price we shoudl be getting. Obviously it is going to cost quite a bit, i accept that, but i really dont want to pay over the odds.

A rough ball park figure would really help.

Thanks to anyone who could give a guess-timate!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back