Help running an ethernet cable for doorbell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Need some advice please.

Verisure are taking back their "free" video doorbell and I'm looking to replace it with a wired one.

I need some advice on how to run the ethernet cable from my front door.

I only need to get it to the end of the red line then I know the rest. I thought of channelling it through the mortar and then repointing it after, or using conduit but I don't like that idea. Unfortunately the only option I have is to run it up to the white facia. But its getting it there which I'm struggling with.

door1.png

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated or even recommend someone that could do that for me?

Many thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
flat "cat 6" cable squeezed between the frame and the timber, that gets you up to the lintel at least...

Where does the wiring to the soffit lights run? Can you drop the soffit lights and fish the cable through there holes?

Sorry just realised you probably mean you need help getting from the door bell to the end of the line next to the fascia.

Small hole behind doorbell to get wire to inside of frame then long drill bit to drill through top of door frame and through lintel and top bricks, feed cable up and you'll probably be able to grab it through soffit light hole.

Sponsored Links
Would a hole straight through the back, through the brickwork work? Then up the inside of the wall? Is there anywhere to hide the cable running vertically up to the ceiling?

Thank you for all your suggestions.
Would a hole straight through the back, through the brickwork work? Then up the inside of the wall? Is there anywhere to hide the cable running vertically up to the ceiling?
Unfortunately not.

flat "cat 6" cable squeezed between the frame and the timber, that gets you up to the lintel at least...
So this is how I got around it along with using your advice.

First I channelled a grove and plastered in some conduit to protect the wire.
09xpbYWONi8pJjRD0MOlrJtngJrZmjW0u5jWVVSQgzo=_plaintext_638318493166102820.jpg

Then I removed the sofit so i could get the wire run properly.

yYmGT1VEgF-8X6KJpqDSdBrvS5YJjTNl6ElcT1Nui3M=_plaintext_638318493165954437.jpg

Then I filled with external filler.

dipp883VoK0ggg2YNynqSm-x6Sc4gAyuSWm15EvlICg=_plaintext_638318493161970298.jpg

Problem that I have now is the edges of the filler. I want to make it straight and square but can't seem to find the best process.

IMG-20231002-WA0008.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get it straight and square to stop my OCD from going crazy lol

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back