Help screwing dishwasher door back on wood is broken

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help this is driving me mad. The bottom right hand side of my dishwasher door is coming away from the wooden cupboard.

I have tried putting in a thicker screw and this worked for a few weeks now the screw has pulled out from the wood again.

How can I fix this can i use a filler then screw into that?

Should I just glue that side on but if I ever need a new dish washer I will be stuck.

Should I drill another hole through the medal dishwasher frame and screw a new one into the wood. I don't fancy this idea just in case it caused a problem with the dishwasher.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
:confused:

click on "edit"

then "show my images"

then click on the picture (s) you want.

I don't understand your description.

Do you mean the door is a fascia panel screwed to the the front (door) of the dishwasher?

you speak as if the door was fixed to the cabinet, which is not usual.

Sponsored Links
nope, stll don't understand why it's coming off.

Is it a door fascia panel?

does it rub or catch on anything?

is it made of chipboard?

take some photos from the front.

I fitted a new floor and the kick board was to high and caught the bottom of the door and pulled one side off.

I have now made the kick board smaller so it does not catch. The problem is it ripped the screw out that side so I screwed a bigger one in and it only held for a few weeks. I need a better fix.

1)Could I cut a part of a raw plug off and glue it into the hole.

2)Glue that side of the dishwasher

3) drill a need hole through the metal side frame into the door.

Thanks for the help

Fill with car body filler and pilot hole the repair, double sided foam tape would also help but positioning is crucial as once fixed it has to be cut free as it's a very strong fix.

You could try shaping a hardwood plug to fit the offending hole, glue it in with waterproof wood glue. Once the glue has dried, cut the plug flush and mark it's center, then drill a pilot hole to retake the screw.
Fit the screw into the hole, back it out and put a spot of super glue in the hole and replace that screw.
Within 60 secs the screw will be semi permanent fixed and hopefully job done.

Good luck :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back